* i was dieing, i was dieing, i was dieing, and somehow i didn’t*
periods is a horrible time to be alive. the pain not only causes anger, frustration, misery but it also makes us want to give up on ourseleves completely and die. it’s a roller coaster with a gravity drop. it is bad bad bad. yet it is a natural event to occur.
here’s a list of activities you can do – to win over or atleast lessen the pain.
- Walk. – Chose your own pace. But move around.
- Heat – Place a hot water bag. It will relax the muscle contraction and help you be.
- Green Tea – It feels good to the body. (personal recommendation)
- Coconut oil – Apply a little of it on the belly button. Helps in reducing the pain. (Thankyou for my friend for helping me on this one! )
- AVOID CAFFEINE.
- AVOID CARBONATED DRINKS.
- AVOID FATTY FOOD.
- Water – Drinking warm water will help reduce cramps again. Plus – it helps in increasing the blood flow. Keep yourself hydrated!
- Yoga. Here’s a link to youtube video specially designed for it. Link : https://youtu.be/awrZtZ49_bg
- Hot water bath.
- Eat Boron Rich Foods – avocado, peanut butter, prunes, chickpea, bananas
- Eat Calcium Rich Foods – dairy products, sesame seeds, almonds, leafy green veggies.
- Rubbing your tummy in anti-clockwise direction
- Sleep. It helps you forget about life and pain – even if momentarily.
- Cry – that’s the best idea. if nothing else helps. it will let you release all your emotions. and make you feel better.
- Pain killers – if need be.
- Music – Piano. Harp. Just instrumentals. It resonates and makes you feel ahmazing.
- Energy – provide your body with energy in the form of glucose drinks.
- Chocolates and ice-creams – Binge eat if you have to. (I would not suggest this. it starts a cycle of misery with it)
- Write it. Journal your emotions.
- Help – ask your loved one to stay with you. just. be. there. for. you.