The Greatness Guide
Book by Robin Sharma
the highlighted lines:
* work gives meaning to our lives
*Ask your sweetheart at hom for more love….. And rememeber, you can’t win a game that you don’t even play.
* I make the time to think….
* thinking and reflection
* there is nothing so useless as dooing efficiently that which should not be done at all
* sense of your priorities
* you need to touch their hearts
* focus plus daily improvement plus time equals genius
* sensory acuity
* the essential difference between emotion and reason is that emotion leads to action while reason leads to conclusions.
* there is no such thing as an average human being; if you have a normal brain, you are superior.
* being a leader – is a lonely act
* the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. but the second best time is today.
* if you have not discovered something you are willing to die for; then you are not fit to live.
* what you’re doing speaks so loudly i cannot hear what you are saying
* the integrity gap
* your schedule is the best barometer for what you tuly value and believe to be important.
* the price of discipline is always less than the pain of regret
*grace under pressure
* the first responsibilty of a leader is to define reality. the last is to say thankyou
* life has a very fair accounting system
* die daily
* your funeral will be a celebration
* give yourself one day to play victim
* humans crave certainty
* the fears you dont own will own you
* under promise and over deliver
* leave people better than you found them
* few of write great novels – but all of us can live one
* a plan relieves you of the torment of choice
* what gets measured gets improved
* boomerang effect
* do good and leave behind a virtue that the storm of time can never destroy
* emotional blueprinting